Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mission Call!

I started my Mission papers soon after I got home, hoping to get them in by January 2nd, the first day that I could, it didn't work out quite that fast. There was always one more thing that needed to happen.

However, I have finally received my mission call to the MISSISSIPPI JACKSON MISSION!  I am excited, it wasn't where I was hoping to go, and I was not expecting stateside at all, but this is where the Lord needs me, and where I am supposed to be.

I watched this clip from Peter in the Bible Videos section this morning, Peter was a great missionary, and testified of Jesus Christ, he never backed down, and was a powerful missionary. I hope that I can follow his example as I go to preach in Jackson Mississippi.




I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet and receives revelation to guide the church from God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that it was written for our day, and that if we abide by the principles that are taught in that book, as well as in the Bible, that we can grow closer to God every day. I know that Joseph Smith say God the Father, and Jesus Christ after praying for guidance, and after that experience, that he restored the Church that Jesus had set up while He was on earth, as Joseph followed the instructions and revelations he received, he was able to restore that church to its fullest. I know that my Heavenly Father Loves and cares for me, and that because He cares, He listens and answers my prayers, and He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to prepare the way for me to return to live with Him someday. I know that because of the Atonement, I can be forgiven, and washed clean of my sins, but not only that, but because Jesus Christ suffered the Atonement, He knows all of my pains and sorrows, happiness and Joys. I know that I can pray to my Heavenly Father, and He will listen and answer my prayers. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment