Tuesday, February 5, 2008

President Hickley

Do we read our Book of Mormon or do we just leave it on the self collecting dust? I had a lesson in YW’s about the Book of Mormon. We talked about how our Testimonies grow when we read the Book of Mormon, I have recently read the Book of Mormon, I started on the December 15th and ended on January 12th. It was very neat. I still learned about the Book of Mormon today. The Book of Mormon is the keystone to our religion and without the Book of Mormon our religion would crumble. I am thankful for the Book of Mormon and know that it was written for our time.
This past week I have been thinking about President Hinckley and how he has been the prophet most of my life. Sister Nuttel tells this story about President Hickley: “When we are in heaven and are talking to all of our friends from the Premortal World some of them will have been with Moses when he parted the red Sea or with Joseph in Egypt and someone will ask, what prophet’s time where you? And when you say President Hinckley there will be a hush over the whole building and they will all bow at your feet.” We were saved for these times because we are the most righteous. I know that this is true.
President Hinckley’s 6 bee’s are Be Grateful, Be Humble, Be Smart, Be Clean, Be true, Be prayerful. These bees should be and are some of my standards that I follow, THANK YOU PRESIDENT HINCKLEY!!!

Jumping again today was the blessing of my cousin Bode Paulsen Linford. There was so much snow in Salt Lake – where the blessing was – that they cancelled church so we went and had the blessing at Keri’s house. It was very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment