Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Great time in Israel!

Hey! So I know that I haven't written on here for awhile, so sorry! I will get a few posts up tomorrow, as we have a free day. Just a quick update on happenings here, as I have heard from a few people asking if I am ok. We are all safe here. Do to previous planing (meaning we were already coming here) we are in Galilee for the next week and a half. That is the northern side of Israel, out of the are of where the missiles are landing right now.

Yes there have been a few missiles that have been headed for Jerusalem, and the air raid sirens have gone of in Jerusalem twice now. The first time was the Friday before we left, and we spent about 20 minuts in the shelter. Those missiles landed somewhere south of Bethlehem, which is about 7 miles south of Jerusalem. We were given the ok after little while in the shelter, and continued to get ready for our JC prom which was the best:)

We didt hear anything else about what was happening before we left for Galilee, and right now we are out of range from Gaza. I heard that yesterday the sirens again went off, and I am not sure where those landed, other than it was in the west bank somewhere.

I think the most important thing to remember is that we are being taken care of by the Lord, and we have great security people who are only worried for our safety. If there is a problem, we will be taken care of. The other thing is that the news is looking for the worst parts to show, because that is what is interesting to the public, but it is NOT what we are experiencing in Jerusalem when we were there, or Galilee now. I am sitting in a hammock on the side of the sea of Galilee, having the time of my life.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! It is a great time to remember all of the Lords blessings in our lives. I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have had to be here, and to learn and have the experiences that I have had that have strengthened my testimony.

Have. Ret thanksgiving everyone! And I I'll lost pictures tomorrow afternoon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment